HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! To all runners joining the first—and biggest—race this 2010, here are a few pointers….
GOOD & BAD NEWS. First, the bad… Registration for the 21K and 42K categories ended last Dec. 31. The good news? Those wanting to join the 5K Fun Run can still register at the Active Zone of the Ayala Center Cebu. For a fee of P250 (with a free singlet… and a chance to win prizes like Timex watches, Runnr shirts and R.O.X. gift certificates), you ought to join! Deadline is this Tuesday, January 5.
RACE PACKS. Starting Wednesday, the 5K participants can start claiming their race packets—which includes the singlet, the race number, the route map. But—and this is important—only the 5K participants can claim their packs starting Wed.
For the 42K and 21K registrants, the race packets will be available for pick-up starting Thursday, January 7.
The claiming of the race packets for all categories—5K, 21K and 42K—will run until Friday, Jan. 8. (For out-of-town participants, they can get their packets on Sat., Jan. 9.)
HOORAY! Two nights before the Jan. 10 race will be the Carbo-Loading and Pre-Race Party. Open to all participants (and family members), the venue is the breathtaking garden scene at The Terraces of the Ayala Center Cebu. A total of six establishments from Ayala Center will offer runners a myriad of “carbo” meals: spaghetti, lasagna and other pasta delicacies at a reasonable price of only P150 per meal.
If you’re a Cebu Marathon participant… it’s a must that you go!! Final tips and techniques will be shared. Updates will be relayed. A topnotch DJ will blast music over the loudspeakers. Best of all, it’s a chance for all excited runners to bond, swap stories, smile, relax and laugh before the… ahem… “painful” 42K marathon experience (ha-ha).
See you there! That’s this Friday at 6 p.m.
RULES. When participants receive their race packs, a detailed set of rules will be there. In particular—for the 21K and 42K runners—here are the essential reminders…
1) Race numbers must be worn during the entire race.
2) The ChampionChip timing device must be tied to your shoelaces. (Instructions found in the race packet.) No chip, no time.
3) IMPORTANT: No wheeled vehicles are allowed along the course! Bikes, motorcycles, cars, etc. will be removed by race personnel. The reason for this is simple: Safety. We want to provide runners with as wide a space as possible to run without having to step aside because of a speeding car.
Here’s my suggestion: If you want someone to bring you 100Plus energy drinks or chocolate bars, ask them to meet you at certain points along the route. I repeat: Cars and other types of vehicles are NOT ALLOWED inside the cordoned area.
4) The route will be closed to vehicular traffic (half of the road exclusive for the runners) from 4 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. After 9:30 a.m., runners may still continue the race but the road will be open to traffic.
5) Only registered participants (with race numbers) are allowed inside the cordoned area. Anyone who’s not registered will be asked to step outside.
6) The South Road Properties (SRP) will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 12 midnight to 9 a.m. on Jan. 10. (Nobody is allowed entry inside the SRP during this time except the race officials.)
7) There is a 7-hour cutoff time for the 42K runners.
These rules are for the 21K and 42K runners. For the 5K participants, it will mean less restrictions—given that the ChampionChip will not be used and 7-hour cutoff time will not be (obviously) applicable.
WATER & FIRST AID STATIONS. Summit Drinking Water will be provided at the start/finish area and every 2 kms. along the course. Medical aid will be available at certain points along the route and at the finish line.
BAGGAGE AREA. Baggage deposit service is available at the Asiatown I.T. Park (start area is across The Walk) starting 3:30 a.m.
whats the opening and closing time for pick up of race packets? thanx
ingon libre ang first 500 nga registrants sa carbo loading…nya karun naa bayad, mao gani sayu2x me nag pa register ky para maka avail sa free carbo loading…saon.. atik ra diay to…
sir/ maam i would like to ask a favor if their is a chance for me to join the 42k, im from bohol and i was expecting that the said event same as ordenary races that walk in can be register a day before the race. if anyone could reply that would mean to me tnx and happy new year.
and u can reach me to this no. 09097986810 pls tnx.